We have 38 guests online
17 Nov 2001 DMW Halesowen Town 1-1 Mangotsfield PDF Print E-mail

Dr Martens Western Division - Saturday 17th November, 2001

Halesowen Town 1 Mangotsfield Utd 1

Halesowen made a late breakthrough but then threw away the lead against a resolute and in-form Mangotsfield.

The Yeltz started brightly with Andy Jones hitting the crossbar in the 9th minute following a penetrating run by Matty Hall. A minute later a cross by Les Hines only needed a touch but the ball drifted right across the goalmouth. Kerry Giddings had a rasping shot saved by visiting goalkeeper Dave Dyson in the 23rd minute and then saw his 30th minute volley blocked by a packed Mangotsfield defence.

However, Mangotsfield never looked in serious danger and were more than a match for their high-flying hosts. Tim Clarke in the Halesowen goal led a charmed life when Adam Sims rounded him but then stumbled in the 18th minute. Clarke then fluffed a 33rd minute clearance which bounced to Darren Edwards but he volleyed wide of an empty net from the edge of the area.

Early in the second half a shot from Sims fell kindly to Lee Barlass but he hit high from 8 yards out. Halesowen made little impression at this stage although Dyson saved from Giddings who latched onto a poor defensive clearance in the 56th minute.

Michael Crawford finally broke the deadlock and seemed to have handed Halesowen a fortunate win in the 75th minute when he headed a freekick from Les Hines beyond Dyson. Mangotsfield claimed a deserved equaliser in the 79th minute with Andy Summers playing a neat one-two before firing past Clarke from 8 yards out.

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Crawford, N. Smith, Burnham, Skidmore, Hall, Jones, Giddings (G. Smith 81), Taylor, Hines. Subs: Gray, R.Collins.

Mangotsfield Utd: Dyson; Pendry, Hallett, Barlass, Russell, Loydon, Sims, Summers, Claridge (Allen 81), Edwards, Winter (Nicholls 81). Sub: Penny.

Referee: M. Lever (Leicester)

Attendance: 506

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack