We have 155 guests online
18 Dec 2001 WSC1R Evesham United 1-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Worcestershire Senior Cup - Tuesday, 18th December, 2001

Evesham United 1 Halesowen Town 1

Halesowen and Evesham must replay after fighting out an evenly matched quarter-final on a sticky surface.

The visitors went close in the 9th minute when Les Hines played a great ball from his own half for Gary Smith to send a curling shot from the edge of the area which was saved by Danny Watson. Watson then recovered to save the rebound from Matty Hall.

Evesham’s Shaun Pratt caused danger for the Halesowen defence in the first half and was instrumental in a 25th minute disallowed goal before cutting in himself two minutes later, causing Tim Clarke to make a fine save. At the other end goalkeeper Watson denied Hines from close range and then saved from Hall who latched onto a long free-kick from Jason Burnham on the half-hour.

The home side took a 42nd minute lead when Phil Preedy skipped past the Halesowen defence down the left to hit past Clarke from a tight angle.

Halesowen gradually fought back in the second half with Hines driving in a 46th minute freekick before levelling in the 59th minute when Hall put in a low right wing cross for Ross Collins to net from a couple of yards out. Watson then made a reflex save after 65 minutes to deny Ross Collins again. In the dying minutes Andy Spencer set Ross Collins free but Watson blocked again and Steve McCartan hit high for Evesham when well placed.

Evesham United: Watson; A. Smith, Parmenter, Clark, Powell, Lutz, Wolsey, McCartan, Mullen (Roberts 45), Pratt, Preedy. Subs: Brown, Clifton, Pendleton, Steadman.

Halesowen Town: Clarke; Colwell, Crawford, Burnham, L. Collins, R. Collins, Spencer, Hall (N. Smith 72), G. Smith, Gray, Hines (Skidmore 54). Subs: Jones, Taylor, Garvey.

Referee: S. Dorr (Worcester)

Attendance: 115

Booked: Gray (19), G. Smith (19), L. Collins (43), Wolsey (75), Spencer (75).

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack