We have 198 guests online
15 Nov 2003 DMW Halesowen Town 1-1 Shepshed Dynamo PDF Print E-mail

Dr Martens Western – Saturday, 15th November, 2003

Halesowen Town 1 Shepshed Dynamo 1

Halesowen threw away two valuable home points by allowing rock-bottom Shepshed back into the game to earn a draw.

In a lively Yeltz opening, Leon Mitchell curled wide from 20 yards in the 2nd minute and Simon Hollis cut in from the left to unleash a 20-yard shot which fell just wide on 10 minutes. Mitchell then beat his defender but planted the ball high over the bar in the 15th minute and goalkeeper Andy Harland collected Ben Steane’s shot a minute later.

With Shepshed packing their defence, Mitchell put past the post in the 26th minute when clear on goal and Harland beat away Asa Charlton’s 29th minute free-kick. Jason Ashby then latched onto a long ball and rounded Harland only to see his 33rd minute shot cleared off the line.

Halesowen finally took the lead in the 34th minute with Lewis BAKER turning home Andy Spencer’s shot from close range with a crafty back-heel. Harland then produced a flying save in the 38th minute to keep out Ashby’s header from a Hollis cross with Halesowen looking on course for a comfortable win.

Home goalkeeper Matt Lowe was finally brought into action in the 39th minute to keep out Jason Weafer’s free-kick and at the other end Charlton made a fine 42nd minute run down the left wing but fellow full-back Richard Colwell put the cross over the bar.

Despite being without a league win this season, hard-working Shepshed came out to produce a gutsy second-half performance and fully deserved their share of the points.

The lack-lustre home side suffered a blow in the 49th minute when goalkeeper Lowe was stretchered off with a jaw injury following a collision with Simon Forsdick. After the re-start Baker made a crucial interception to deny Jason Weafer in the penalty area and Halesowen’s replacement goalkeeper Mark Sheils kept out a dipping 20-yard strike from Damien Heskey.

Ashby was first to meet a long clearance on the hour but flicked the ball just wide and then chipped just wide on 68 minutes. Mitchell scuffed the ball from a good position in the 71st minute before Shepshed levelled in the 76th minute with FORSDICK firmly heading home a left wing cross.

Spencer blasted a loose ball over the bar from 20-yards in the 84th minute and Halesowen almost grabbed a 90th minute winner when a curling shot from Hollis beat Harland but rebounded off the far post.

Halesowen Town: Lowe (Sheils 49); Colwell (Hallam 83), Charlton, Grocutt, Jones, Baker, Hollis, Ashby, Mitchell, Steane, Spencer. Unused Subs: Smith, Skidmore, Small.

Shepshed Dynamo: Harland, Stevens (O’Brien 30), Prindiville, Williams, Savage, Quincey, Dorrian, Weafer (Smithen 66), Heskey, Mackay, Forsdick. Unused Subs: Hook, Keeling.

Referee:  N. Day (Stoke-on-Trent)

Attendance: 440

Booked: Mackay (19)

Sponsors’ Man of the Match: Lewis Baker

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack