We have 119 guests online
11 Oct 2005 SLP Halesowen Town 7-2 Yate Town PDF Print E-mail

Southern League Premier Division – Tuesday, 11th October 2005

Halesowen Town 7 Yate Town 2

Halesowen made the perfect response to their weekend cup exit by trouncing Yate in a nine-goal thriller.

Nick SMITH started the backlash within just 30 seconds when his long-range dipping drive beat goalkeeper Tony Court. Nathan Lamey’s 3rd minute shot was then parried away by Court and Lamey was put clear again in the 11th minute but saw his shot blocked by Lee Jefferies. Two minutes later Court beat away an Alex Cowley shot at the near post with Steve Pope heading the resulting corner just wide against the static defence of struggling Yate.

Howard FORINTON increased the lead after 20 minutes by touching the ball around Court before slipping the ball into the empty net after Cowley’s delightful pass split the visiting defence.

Darren Edwards hit a close range volley at home goalkeeper Dean Coleman in the 24th minute as visitors forlornly sought their first away point of the season. But FORINTON made it 3-0 by notching his 8th goal of the season in the 26th minute by drawing goalkeeper Court before slotting home from the left from 15 yards after latching onto Dave Haywood’s through ball.

Unmarked EDWARDS pulled a goal back for Yate in the 33rd minute when he headed home in the 6-yard box directly from Steve Campbell's long freekick from the left.

Nick SMITH scored an excellent 4th goal for Halesowen by placing the ball into the top corner from 18 yards after 41 minutes from Forinton’s lay-off. The Yeltz made it an incredible 5-1 seconds before half-time when Cowley played the ball through for LAMEY to hit a deflected shot beyond Court.

The rout continued as LAMEY added Halesowen’s 6th goal on 55 minutes when his 20 yard strike from the right was deflected and then fumbled into the net by Court in a second-half made difficult by torrential rain.

LAMEY went on to complete his hat-trick and a magnificent seven for Halesowen in the 59th minute by burying a header when left unmarked from a clever Nick Amos cross.

Yate enjoyed a spell of late possession with Edwards heading high on 78 minutes. Two minutes later, efforts from Jason Wood and Edwards were blocked in front of goal by Simon Forsdick and Karl Johnson headed off his own goal-line.

Substitute Ben Steane looked lively on his return to first team action following prolonged injury but Yate claimed a late consolation goal with EDWARDS rifling a 12-yard shot into the bottom corner six minutes from time.

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Johnson, Haywood (Cooper 57), Preston, Pope, Amos, Cowley (Steane 75), Lamey, Forinton (C. Smith 60), N. Smith, Forsdick. Unused Subs: Skidmore, Pierpoint.

Yate Town: Court; Sims (Sylvester 52), Elsey, Brice, Jefferies, Wyatt (Neal 62), Campbell, Chenoweth, Edwards, Kamara-Taylor (Stonehouse 50), Wood.  Unused Sub: Sylvester. 

Referee: G. Sullivan (Glos.)

Attendance: 243

Sponsors’ Man of the Match: Alex Cowley

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack