We have 50 guests online
20 Jan 2007 SLP Yate Town 2-2 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Football League - Premier Division – Saturday 20th January, 2007

Yate Town 2 Halesowen Town 2

Halesowen produced an excellent comeback to stretch their unbeaten run to 9 games against Yate Town at Lodge Road. The Yeltz looked dead and buried at 2-0 down, but two outstanding goals in the space of four second half minutes salvaged an unlikely draw.

Halesowen, once again took time to settle into the match and James Dormand had to be alert twice in the early stages to keep out efforts from Ryan Havard and Scott Brice, while Havard put another effort wide. It took the Yeltz 16 minutes to register their first shot of the game, with Matt Lewis dragging a 25 yard effort wide. Yate though continued to pose the greater threat and the lively Aaron Blakemore was causing the Yeltz defence all sorts of problems. On 28 minutes he put a free header over the bar, after losing his marker from a free kick. He then lashed another effort wide a couple of minutes later, after latching onto Brice’s throw-in.

Halesowen’s first meaningful chance of the game came on 38 minutes, when Sean Dowdall got clear of the defence, but Yate keeper Tony Court stood his ground and made a good save. A minute later, Alex Cowley also got clear, but screwed his effort wide.
On the stroke of half time, Blakemore finally found the net to give Yate the lead when he took the ball down from Dave Elsey’s long pass and slotted it into the net. The Yeltz made a promising start to the second, despite losing Cowley and Dowdall at half time through injury, and nearly equalised when Lewis’s shot clipped the top of the bar. The early second half pressure though fizzled out and Yate doubled their advantage on 72 minutes when an excellent cross from Jason Wood found Havard, and although his first shot was well blocked by Dormand, he converted the rebound.
Just as the Yeltz looked resigned to their fate, they pulled a goal back on 76 minutes to give them hope. Mannie Smith’s knockdown fell to Nick Amos, who turned before unleashing a 20 yard screamer into the net. The comeback was complete four minutes later when substitute David McDermott stepped up to curl a 20 yard free kick into the top left hand corner of the net.

Both sides had chances to win the match late on. First, another Yeltz substitute Davion Hamilton went on a 50 yard run, before seeing his effort saved by the on-rushing Court, while at the other end Adam Sims and Blakemore sent efforts wide. In injury time, Simon Forsdick blazed over from close range, as the Yeltz had to settle for their fourth successive draw.

Yate Town: Brice; Elsey, Jenkins, Jefferies, Sims, Blakemore, Chenoweth (Anyinsah 52), Havard (Metheringham 77), Williams, Wood. Unused Subs: Wyatt, Clarke, Bridson

Halesowen Town: Dormand; Warner, Hillman, Williams, Knight, Smith, Cowley (McDermott 45), Amos, Lewis (Taylor 60), Dowdall (Hamilton 45), Forsdick. Unused Subs: Cooper, Haywood.

Referee: P. Brown

Attendance: 215

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack