We have 74 guests online
23 Dec 2006 SLP Chippenham Town 1-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division – Saturday, 23rd December 2006

Chippenham Town 1 Halesowen Town 1

Halesowen were very good value for a point with on-loan Walsall pair Tom Taylor hitting a stunning debut goal and Troy Deeney leading the forward line in expert fashion and unluckily striking the post in the second half.

However, Chippenham looked dangerous early on when Alan Griffin cut back across goal for a 5th minute corner and Halesowen goalkeeper James Dormand pushed the ball away from Sean Seavill.

Halesowen then enjoyed a good spell and a quickly taken 17th minute free-kick from Lee Williams found striker Deeney but the defence cleared for a corner. Stuart Pierpoint’s header was then cleared from Alex Cowley’s cross. On 21 minutes Rob Warner’s cross was met by Simon Forsdick to force another corner but goalkeeper Chris Snoddy collected. The impressive Deeney then set up Cowley after 36 minutes but his shot was blocked.

The Yeltz took the lead in the 27th minute when TAYLOR thumped home a unstoppable low volley from a Williams corner. Two minutes later, Chippenham’s Griffin scooped the ball over the Halesowen bar from just three yards following a Paul Milsom header.

The Bluebirds levelled in the 35th minute when Ross ADAMS faintly glanced header drifted into the net from Ian Herring’s right-wing cross.

After the interval Forsdick put Sean Dowdall free in the 51st minute but the home defence cleared. But Halesowen’s luck was completely out after 58 minutes when Taylor fed Deeney and his goal-bound lob beat Snoddy only to rebound off the inside of the post. Two minutes later, Deeney broke down the right from Cowley’s pass and Forsdick went close as Snoddy hesitated before collecting at the second attempt. Deeney then hit just wide in the 65th minute after playing a neat interchange with Cowley and a minute later Forsdick struck wide from a Williams free-kick.

Chippenham posed late danger down the slope from a series of late corners and long throw-ins from Herring with Pierpoint heading away Seavill’s 70th minute cross and Dormand doing well to save Paul Milsom’s header low down from the resulting corner.

Cowley’s 78th minute long distance shot was collected by Snoddy and substitute Dave Haywood volleyed just wide in the 84th minute. In the final minute Dormand back-tracked to tip Seavill’s mis-hit looping shot over the bar but the home side were almost caught out in injury time when goalkeeper Snoddy lost out to Deeney but Snoddy recovered to take the ball off Cowley’s toe.

Chippenham Town: Snoddy; Adams, Stanley, Herring, Milsom, Badman (Etheridge 80), Seavill, Harvey, Gilroy, Griffin, Klukowski. Unused Subs: Garner, R.Taylor.

Halesowen Town: Dormand; Warner, Hillman, Williams, Knight, Pierpoint, Cowley, T.Taylor, Deeney, Dowdall (Cooper 54), Forsdick (Haywood 73). Unused Subs: Preston, Daniels, Beckett.

Referee: I. Hamilton (Cheltenham)

Attendance: 530
Booked: Deeney (41)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack