We have 92 guests online
28 Oct 2006 SLP Halesowen Town 2-2 Northwood PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division – Saturday, 28th October 2006

Halesowen Town 2 Northwood 2

Depleted Halesowen salvaged a disappointing draw after falling two goals behind to struggling Northwood before the interval.

Sean Dowdall burst forward in the 4th minute but his 20 yard shot was deflected away for a corner and at the opposite end home goalkeeper Dan Woodhall saved from Kyle Matthews at the second attempt three minutes later. But after Simon Forsdick’s 14th minute effort almost slipped through the fingers of goalkeeper Liam Watson, the Yeltz played second fiddle to Northwood for the rest of the first half.

Danny Murphy shot high when left in space down the left in the 15th minute and a 20th minute shot from Mark Nicholls was deflected for another corner. Halesowen had a let off in the 25th minute when a long ball saw Peter Dean beat the offside trap by several yards but he drove the ball against the far post with Nicholls somehow putting the rebound wide. Defenders Gary Knight and Niki Preston then made a double goal-line clearance on the half-hour following Nicholls’ header. On 35 minutes Matthews failed to produce a shot from a good position in the penalty area and in the 41st minute Dave Haywood headed away Murphy’s dangerous cross.

Northwood took a well deserved 42nd minute lead when Dwane WILLIAMS followed up from close range after Woodhall initially saved Yiadom Yeboah’s header from a free-kick. Worse followed for Halesowen seconds before the interval in the 45th minute when Dean split the home defence in simple fashion to put MATTHEWS free to tap home the second goal.

DOWDALL converted a 48th minute penalty to give Halesowen hope at the start of the second half after being pulled down by Perry Norman. But Halesowen remained below par and created few openings despite a couple of 59th minute crosses and a 63rd minute shot from Lee Williams. Nicholls fired wide from Yeboah’s long throw-in for the visitors in the 67th minute.

Halesowen rescued a point when Simon FORSDICK equalised in the 78th minute by flicking up Rob Warner’s cross to head past Watson from five yards. Substitute Chris Brindley saw his 80th minute header saved by Watson from Grant Beckett’s cross but Northwood almost nicked an 88th minute winner when Woodhall made a fine save to deny Nicholls.

Halesowen Town: Woodhall; R. Warner, Haywood, Preston, Knight, L. Williams, Smith (Brindley 65), Dowdall, Szewczyk (Cooper 82), Beckett, Forsdick. Unused Subs: Pierpoint, Francis, Gayle.

Northwood: Watson; Yeboah, Murphy (Hewitt 74), Dennison, Norman, Carter, Nicholls, D. Williams, Matthews, Holland (D. Warner 66), Dean.  Unused Subs: Clark, Shipperley, Bullivant.

Referee: M. Foley (Sheffield)

Attendance: 337
Booked: Norman (48), L. Williams (65)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack