We have 76 guests online
27 Jan 2007 SLP Halesowen Town 1-1 Team Bath PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Southern League Premier Division – Saturday, 27th January 2007

Halesowen Town 1 Team Bath 1

Halesowen fought back to preserve their ten-game unbeaten run with super Cooper hitting a spectacular long range leveller against in-form Team Bath.

The visitors had amassed 22 points from their previous 9 games but it was injury-hit Halesowen who started brightly with Troy Denney going close twice. Makeshift centre-forward Nick Amos laid the ball off for Deeney in the 4th minute but goalkeeper Darren Chitty produced a fine fingertip save to turn his half-volley away for a corner. Deeney then went agonisingly close after 9 minutes when he was put free by Amos’s defence-splitting pass and delicately chipped Chitty only to see Matt Townley race back to clear the goal-bound shot off the line.

But University-based Team Bath took the lead against the run of play in the 16th minute when a left wing cross drifted across for substitute Marc CANHAM to drill home from 10 yards off the far post. Two minutes later goalkeeper James Dormand dived to collect at Dan Dillon’s feet following Marc Canham’s header.

Halesowen kept up the first-half pressure and on 19 minutes Simon Forsdick’s header was cleared for a corner from Deeney’s cross and Tom Taylor’s effort was blocked. After half an hour Townley cleared off the line from Tom Taylor in the well organised visiting defence. Deeney then turned to curl just past the post five minutes before the interval.

Eight minutes into the second half Matt Taylor was on hand to tidy up from Ian Cooper’s header after Chitty fumbled a deep cross. But the Yeltz are made of sterner stuff these days and eventually levelled in dramatic fashion when Ian COOPER spotted Chitty off his line and lobbed the stranded goalkeeper from over 30 yards out in midfield. Chitty then did well to take a corner from Lee Williams in a crowded goalmouth in the 65th minute.

After 67 minutes a free-kick from former Bristol City stalwart Brian Tinnion drifted past Dormand’s post before Dormand collected Dillon’s 20-yard shot at the second attempt three minutes later. Tinnion wasted another well placed free-kick from the edge of the area after 77 minutes.

Late on Forsdick set up substitute David McDermott but Chitty made a good 82nd minute blocking save and Cooper almost repeated his audacious lob in the 86th minute but the ball this time fell wide. In the final minute Forsdick flashed a header wide from a Lee Williams cross but Team Bath missed a good chance to snatch three points in injury time when Kes Metitiri headed Tinnion’s free-kick straight at Dormand allowing Halesowen to recorded their fifth consecutive draw.

Halesowen Town: Dormand; Warner, Haywood, L. Williams, Knight, Pierpoint, I. Cooper, T. Taylor (McDermott 64), Amos, Deeney (Daniels 83), Forsdick. Unused Subs: Hillman, Powell, Hamilton.

Team Bath: Chitty; Townley, Friend, Abbott, M. Taylor, Metitiri, Dillon, Saunders (M. Canham 12), M. Williams (M. Cooper 63), S. Canham, Tinnion. Unused Subs: El-Abd, Graham, S. Cooper.

Referee: M. Amphlett (Kidderminster)

Attendance: 403
Booked: L. Williams (24), S. Canham (42), Haywood (67), Abbott (78), Dillon (87)
HTFC Man of the Match: Ian Cooper

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack