We have 59 guests online
10 Nov 2007 SLP Swindon Supermarine 1-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Football League - Premier Division – Saturday, 10th November 2007

Swindon Supermarine 1 Halesowen Town 1

Draw specialists Halesowen recorded their fourth successive draw against fairly ordinary opposition and were left without an away win since March after conceding yet another late leveller. The Yeltz had gradually gained the upper hand and took the lead from the penalty spot before Marine were allowed to equalise with their only chance of the second period.

After another week of intense transfer activity, striker Eldon Maquemba and full-back David Perpertuini were handed their Yeltz debuts but at the opening Swindon’s David Stroud struck a low drive past the post in the 4th minute and an 11th minute free-kick from Leigh Henry was easily collected by Halesowen goalkeeper Mark Osborn. Chris Taylor then struck wide of the Halesowen goal in the 16th minute from a good position.

As Halesowen settled, home goalkeeper Tom King juggled the ball to collect Stuart Pierpoint’s 20th minute free-kick at the second attempt and a good flick on from Darren Caskey almost put Angolan international Maquemba through on goal after 24 minutes. With Halesowen enjoying a good spell, Dean Brennan’s header was cleared off the line as Caskey delivered Halesowen’s first corner following wing-to-wing play two minutes later. A good overlap and cross from Perpertuini on his impressive debut then saw Caskey volley a good chance wide on the half hour and Pierpoint glanced a header just wide from Paul Devlin’s 42nd minute free-kick. Just before the interval Marine finally featured by forcing two corners and Adam Mayo struck a long range effort past the post.

At the start of the second period Devlin put Maquemba clear again to force the first of two corners but colossus central defender Cedric Abraham headed clear. But the Yeltz gradually took charge of the game and went ahead from the penalty spot in the 55th minute when Maquemba was tripped by Chris Copp and DEVLIN confidently smashed home the resulting penalty. Two minutes later Maquemba flicked just wide from Devlin’s cross. Brennan was unlucky not to increase the lead on 79 minutes when his shot rebounded off the inside of the post following a delightful through pass from Caskey.

The visiting defence had looked comfortable but Marine equalised with only seven minutes remaining when a corner from substitute J. P. Mills was missed by goalkeeper Osborn and three defenders allowing Henry to head back across goal for debut substitute Jason WELSH to nod home at the near post and ruin all Halesowen’s good work.

Swindon Supermarine: King; Copp (Pearson 56), Allen, Mayo (J. P. Mills 64), Henry, Abraham, Thompson, Kear, Lightbody (Welsh 56), Taylor, Stroud. Unused Subs: Quistan, Knight.

Halesowen Town: Osborn; Denny, Perpertuini, Pearce, Pierpoint, Amos (Williams 56), Devlin, Caskey, Brennan, Maquemba (Hamilton 78), Lopez. Unused Subs: Paul, Francis, Dormand.

Referee: S. Robbins (Bristol)

Attendance: 171

Booked: Mayo (31)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack