26 Jan 2008 SLP Yate Town 0-3 Halesowen Town Print

British Gas Business Football League - Premier Division – Saturday, 26th January 2008

Yate Town 0 Halesowen Town 3

Classy Halesowen made it 33 points gained from the 14 games in the second third of the league campaign after netting three times in a 12 minute spell at the start of the second half.

Decio Gomes was recalled from his loan spell at Willenhall to take over at right full-back from Scott Lycett but delivered two sloppy foul throw-ins early on as he took a while to settle in. Battling Nick Amos then replaced Dennis Pearce at the interval as the Yeltz comfortably completed their first ever victory at Lodge Road.

Disappointing Yate poised few problems for the title-chasing visitors although any chances they did create came via Craig Davidge, recently signed from Bath City. In the 9th minute Davidge latched onto a loose pass from Stuart Pierpoint but fired high and David Anyinsah headed a deep cross from Edd Vahid over the bar two minutes later.

But Halesowen soon took control with Davion Hamilton charging down the left in the 17th minute allowing Dean Brennan to lay the ball off for Zema Abbey, but his shot was blocked. Brennan then volleyed wide from Shane Paul’s 25th minute cross and a good 39th minute move saw the hard-working Jay Denny cross from the left. A minute before the interval Brennan put Abbey through on goal in a suspiciously looking offside position but he slotted wide of the post.

Halesowen took the lead four minutes into the second period when Darren Caskey lofted a delightful ball for BRENNAN to hold off his marker and finish superbly past Tony Court. Leading scorer BRENNAN hit his second goal by sidestepping the defence before hitting a low 20-yard drive underneath the body of at-fault goalkeeper Court at his near post in the 55th minute. Jay Denny helped the ball on for ABBEY to make it 3-0 in the 59th minute with his 15-yard shot drifting home off the far post.

With Halesowen completely in the driving seat Brennan was denied his hat-trick when his 69th minute tap-in was disallowed for offside but it was Pierpoint who made two crucial defensive clearances to keep Halesowen’s clean sheet. Hamilton embarked on an infamous roving run from midfield in the 75th minute, only to be denied by the final defender and the Yeltz toyed with the well beaten Bluebells late on with an excellent sequence of passing play.

Yate Town: Court; Vahid, Brewer, Brice, Jefferies, Williams, Blakemore (Smythe 70), Chenoweth, O’Sullivan (Rawlins 67), Anyinsah, Davidge. Unused Subs: Elsey, Irish.

Halesowen Town: Osborn; Gomes, Perpetuini, Pearce (Amos 45), Pierpoint, Denny, Paul, Caskey, Abbey, Brennan, Hamilton (Maquemba 82). Unused Subs: Lycett, Hill, Waite.

Referee: S. Robbins (Bristol)

Attendance: 245

Booked: Chenoweth (11), Perpetuini (40), Abbey (45), Blakemore (64), Gomes (76)