We have 68 guests online
28 Aug 2007 SLP Gloucester City 1-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Football League Premier Division – Tuesday, 28th August 2007

Gloucester City 1 Halesowen Town 1

Halesowen had to settle for a point after their promising half-time lead was trimmed back at the New Lawn.

In the opening minutes Halesowen escaped when goalkeeper James Dormand made a nervous start in Gloucester’s first home game as tenants at Forest Green’s new stadium before Aaron Farrell’s shot clipped the post after outpacing the home defence. Dormand collected a wide angled shot from Tom Webb after 20 minutes and three minutes later Webb went close again with an acrobatic shot from Neil Mustoe’s right-wing cross.  Halesowen won a 25th minute corner and Farrell forced another corner a minute later with his well delivered cross.

In end to end exchanges, Ed Booth and Dormand did well to block from Scott Griffin on 28 minutes. Jay Denny’s long range half-volley was then gathered by goalkeeper Kevin Sawyer and in the 35th minute the ball looped up for Farrell to head Nick Wright’s cross onto the top of the crossbar. Farrell’s 41st minute cross was then cleared after he forced goalkeeper Sawyer off his line.

The Yeltz went ahead when Shane Paul took the ball on to advance just left of centre and his shot could only be pushed out by Sawyer for FARRELL to be in a prime position to tap home a well deserved goal in the 43rd minute.

The visitors forced two more corners at the start of the second period with Davion Hamilton scooping over the bar. But the Tigers levelled somewhat out of the blue in the 63rd minute with a 20-yard snapshot from WEBB catching out Dormand who could only perform a half save with the ball bouncing up off his arm into the net.

Halesowen tried to re-assert themselves with Nick Amos rising to head Liam McDonald’s 72nd minute free-kick over the bar from within the six-yard box and excellent work from Paul led to his pass across the box tangling in Farrell’s feet in front of goal two minutes later. Late on, Dormand clung onto a shot from substitute Dave Wilkinson at the second attempt with Scott Griffin about to pounce and in injury time fellow substitute and former Forest Green favourite Alex Sykes drove wide from the edge of the area.

Gloucester City: Sawyer; Allard, Buttery, Mustoe, Tomkins (Hamblin 16 (Sykes 45)), Thompson, Rose (Wilkinson 52), Richards, Griffin, Whittington, Webb. Unused Subs: Taylor, Welsh.

Halesowen Town: Dormand; Platt, Hamilton, Pearce, Booth, Amos, Denny, Wright (Francis 90), Paul, Farrell, McDonald. Unused Subs: O’Garro, Williams, Haywood, Jay.

Referee: M. Amphlett (Kidderminster)

Attendance: 388

Halesowen Town Man of the Match: Aaron Farrell

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack