We have 53 guests online
22 Sep 2007 SLP Halesowen Town 1-1 Chippenham Town PDF Print E-mail

British Gas Business Football League - Premier Division – Saturday, 22nd September 2007

Halesowen Town 1 Chippenham Town 1

Halesowen dominated the second half in a spirited performance but had to settle for a share of the points after the high-flying Bluebirds were awarded a disputed penalty.

The first half was a quiet affair with neither side able to create a clear goal-scoring chance. Kye Holly blasted a 30-yard free-kick straight at home goalkeeper Chris Jay in the 13th minute and Halesowen’s Paul Devlin found himself offside in the 19th minute after Duane Darby produced a good flick on. Three minutes later, Nick Wright cleverly turned his marker in his own half before surging forward into the penalty area to set up Devlin but influential defender Kes Metitiri blocked for a corner. On the half-hour Chippenham goalkeeper Chris Snoddy snatched the ball away from Jay Denny after another Darby flick-on but Darby then limped out of the game with a nasty ankle injury in the 36th minute requiring a visit to hospital.

The Yeltz pushed further forward to pressurise the visiting defence in a much better second period. Metitiri made a 48th minute goal-line clearance when Wright tried to place the ball home after good passing movement allowed Liam McDonald to cross from the left and Snoddy failed to gather the ball. Substitute Shane Paul’s 50th minute cross was then cut out just before reaching Denny and the Yeltz then went on to force four corners in a ten-minute spell but the Chippenham defence held firm. At the other end Jeff Forsyth headed clear after Ross Adams crossed in the 64th minute but just a minute later McDonald stepped inside his marker only to see his shot blocked by Dale Peckham.

The Bluebirds stunned the home crowd by taking a 69th minute lead against the run of play through a hotly debated penalty. Davion Hamilton was harshly penalised when he was unable to take evasive action as Scott Lye played the ball onto his hand and HOLLY stepped up to convert after the referee pointed to the penalty spot.

But the goal inspired Halesowen and Paul blazed wide in the 73rd minute before a deserved if somewhat fortunate equaliser arrived in the 76th minute. Snoddy produced a fine save to claw away McDonald’s curling free-kick from 25 yards and from McDonald’s resulting corner the ball was played back to McDONALD and his second cross evaded Snoddy to drift into the far corner of the net. On 80 minutes goalkeeper Snoddy just beat Devlin to Gary Knight’s long ball forward but as the ball broke Devlin swivelled to hook the ball onto the roof of the net. In the final minute Chippenham substitute Sam Allison could only fire straight at Jay after being presented with the ball on the edge of the area by Hamilton’s error.

Halesowen Town: Jay; Forsyth, Hamilton, Pearce, Knight, Amos, Denny, Wright (Farrell 73), Devlin, Darby (Paul 36), McDonald. Unused Subs: Williams, Pierpoint, O’Garro.

Chippenham Town: Snoddy; Adams, Halliday, Metitiri, Peckham, Harvey, Cornwall (Etheridge 73), Holly, Reid (Gullick 59), Seavill (Allison 82), Lye. Unused Subs: Pratt, Carr.

Referee: D. Plowright (Clipstone, Notts.)

Attendance: 423

Booked: Darby (29)

Halesowen Town Man of the Match: Liam McDonald

Non-League Paper/Non-League Today Man of the Match: Kes Metitiri (Chippenham Town)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack