We have 67 guests online
14 Apr 2010 SLP Swindon Supermarine 1-2 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Wednesday, 14th April 2010

Swindon Supermarine 1 Halesowen Town 2

Two more goals from the league’s leading goalscorer Stefan Moore eased Halesowen to victory with Swindon’s misery compounded by two red cards as the home side finished with nine men.

MOORE put Halesowen in control with an early 5th minute clinical finish after latching onto a long ball forward from Henry Eze. Moore seemed certain to score a second goal in the 15th minute but was brought down when rounding Paul Thompson on the edge of the penalty area, leading to a straight red card for the home goalkeeper. Kyle Lapham took over the goalkeeping gloves, but the resulting free-kick from Liam Daly was blocked by the defensive wall.

Makeshift goalkeeper Lapham produced a flying save from Lee Fowler in the 21st minute and Daly then headed a 34th minute free-kick from Scott Rickards just wide.

MOORE increased Halesowen’s lead in the 41st minute by easily beating Lapham from the penalty spot for his 39th goal of the season after a home defender handled. Yeltz captain Jay Denny struck a volley inches wide of the post seconds before the interval.

The visitors appeared to be comfortable early in the second half and went close again when Moore crossed along the face of goal after 58 minutes. The hosts then employed their third goalkeeper of the game when substitute Sam Collier took over from injured Lapham between the sticks and Collier was immediately in action when he punched the ball off Moore’s head.

Plucky ten-man Swindon battled away and reduced the arrears in the 72nd minute when Daly lost the ball in midfield allowing Swindon to break forward with Luke Hopper threading the ball for Ash EDENBOROUGH to beat Halesowen goalkeeper Nick Bussey.

Halesowen were unable to add to their tally as Moore’s 73rd minute lob was clutched by Collier and Eze powered a header wide from Fowler’s right-wing cross. Collier then made a fine 77th minute save to keep out Stephan Morley’s free-kick. But Swindon made Halesowen sweat with ten minutes remaining when Bussey punched away a dangerous free-kick from home captain Chris Taylor.

Yeltz manager Matt Clarke was sent from the dug-out in the 81st minute after registering disgust at a late offside flag and Halesowen further failed to test Collier’s credentials in goal when Moore lobbed wide in the 83rd minute and Rickards was off target with a 20-yard drive three minutes later.

Swindon were reduced to nine men in the final minute after goalscorer Edenborough made a retaliatory lunge at Eze and received his team’s second red card of the evening.

Swindon Supermarine: Thompson; Lapham (Collier 64), D. Allen, C. Allen, Robinson, Horgan, Edenborough, Morris, Hopper, Taylor, Stanley. Unused Subs: Cook, McLaughin, Henry.

Halesowen Town: Bussey; Turner, Gaughran, Daly, Eze, Denny, Cowley (Osborne 58), Rickards, Moore, Fowler, Griffiths (Morley 56). Unused Subs: Bradley, Fulford, Clarke.

Referee: M. Russell

Attendance: 117

Sent Off: Thompson (15), Edenborough (90)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack