We have 47 guests online
29 Aug 2009 SLP Halesowen Town 2-0 Swindon Supermarine PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 29th August 2009.

Halesowen Town 2 Swindon Supermarine 0

Halesowen maintained their impressive start to the season with a goal in each half from Stefan Moore and Tom Bates.  Jamie Hood stepped in to make an encouraging debut at the end of his four match ban with defensive-duo Gary Knight and Dennis Pearce both unavailable. The game was once again played out in front of a sparse crowd due to the ongoing boycott by most home fans and left lowly Swindon still without a goal or point to their name on their away travels this season.

The Yeltz started brightly with Moore unlucky to see his 3rd minute curling shot rebound off the angle of the bar and post and a 5th minute free-kick from Bates then led to a goalmouth scramble in the heart of Swindon’s defence. Hood’s deep 9th minute free-kick was then helped on by Bates with visiting goalkeeper Matt Bulman blocking the final flick from James Johnson. In continued pressure, Bulman parried the ball away when Moore headed on Hood’s 15th minute free-kick and a 20-yard drive from Bates squirted just past the post a minute later.

But as Swindon began to settle, centre-forward Alan Griffin proved to be the danger-man and he nipped in to beat Hood to a long free-kick, only to poke the ball just inches wide. Joe Harris then saw his half-hour half-volley blocked.

Halesowen took the lead two minutes before the interval when acting captain Scott Rickards met Bates’ free-kick and his shot ricocheted kindly for MOORE to slot home his fourth goal of the campaign from ten yards.

At the start of a quiet second half, Harris curled just wide of the Halesowen goal and, following several substitutions, Nick Stanley battled away to hit a wide-angled shot at home goalkeeper Nick Bussey. A clever back-heel from Griffin then set up Harris in the 75th minute but Bussey did well to claw the goal-bound shot away for a corner.

Halesowen secured the points with a second goal after 77 minutes when goalkeeper Bulman lost out in a strong aerial challenge with Bates and the ball fell for BATES to convert the loose ball with the home defence left appealing for a foul. With eight minutes remaining, home substitute Luke Barlone played the ball in to Bates but his shot was beaten away by Bulman.

Halesowen Town: Bussey; Connor, Griffiths, Morley, Hood, Breward, Dodds (Barlone 68), Rickards (O’Brien 64), Moore, Johnson (Cooke 78), Bates. Unused Subs: Eze, Gray(GK).

Swindon Supermarine: Bulman; Williams (Lapham 4), Allen, Hogan (McKay 48), Henry, Robinson, Harris, Morris (Barnes 65), Griffin, Taylor, Stanley. Unused Subs: None.

Referee: C. Husband (Worcester)

Attendance: 101

Booked: Connor (37), Moore (90)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack