We have 102 guests online
05 Sept 2009 SLP Halesowen Town 4-1 Bedford Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 5th September 2009.
Halesowen Town 4 Bedford Town 1
Stefan Moore’s hat-trick helped hungry Halesowen record their third straight win in another excellent all-round team performance. For the second successive game, the Yeltz overcame an early deficit to run out comfortable 4-1 winners and defy the off-field problems to establish themselves amongst the league’s front runners.

But Bedford took the lead after just nine minutes when Arran CAVILL struck a shot from the edge of the area off the ground and the ball crept into the bottom corner to beat home goalkeeper Nick Bussey. Eagles captain Jon Darby then headed back across goal for Cavill to blaze over the bar five minutes later.
Goal-machine MOORE soon levelled by latching onto a ball from midfield and slotting under goalkeeper Mike Armitt in the 16th minute.
In even exchanges, Moore earned a 25th minute corner after running on from midfield under the strong challenge of Jamie McGuinness with Jamie Hood heading the corner-kick over the bar. Bedford’s Craig Daniel then delivered a good left-wing cross in the 31st minute but central defensive pair Hood and Henry Eze did just enough to divert the ball away from Ian Draycott.
The Yeltz then forced two consecutive corners in the 37th minute with goalkeeper Armitt almost deceived as Hood headed the first corner down and up off the ground. Hood then couldn’t quite get over the ball from the second corner when he struck the crossbar from just six yards out after Eze headed back for the corner-kick specialists. A minute before the interval Eze did well to clear the danger from Draycott.
Halesowen came out strongly to dominate and romp home in a one-sided second half. Hard-working midfielder Tom Breward’s 51st minute goal-bound rocket was only stopped by his own player’s backside and James Johnson poked the ball at Armitt three minutes later. Jamie Smith replaced Craig Connor in a straight swap at the interval and Smith delivered one of several excellent crosses from the right in the 55th minute. Bussey caught Draycott’s wide-angled volley on the hour and opposite goalkeeper Armitt caught Johnson’s overhead bicycle-kick a minute later.
Eager EZE eased Halesowen into the lead by rising high to head home directly from Stephan Morley’s 63rd minute corner to cap a commanding performance at the heart of the home defence.
With Bedford buckling, substitute Stephen Cooke laid the ball off for MOORE to calmly side-step his defender and bury the ball into the bottom corner from 15 yards to give Halesowen a 3-1 lead after 75 minutes. Hood’s free header was just cleared and Hood headed against the top of the goalpost on the opposite side of goal after the ball was played back in after 77 minutes.
Prolific MOORE bagged his ninth goal of the season and completed his hat-trick by striking Halesowen’s fourth goal straight down the centre of Armitt’s goal after receiving a squared ball from new signing and substitute David Blenkinsopp with six minutes remaining.
Halesowen Town: Bussey; Connor (Smith 45), Morley, Eze, Hood, Breward, O’Brien (Cooke 74), Rickards, Moore, Johnson (Blenkinsopp 65), Griffiths. Unused Subs: Dodds, Gray(GK).
Bedford Town: Armitt; McGuinness, Clark, Lewis, Darby, Wall, Daniel, Cavill (Cole 79), Battersby, Draycott, Woolf (Walker 70). Unused Subs: Power, McBride, Miller.
Referee: G. Stretton (Leicester)
Attendance: 126
Booked: Lewis (66)


Joomla Templates by Joomlashack