We have 93 guests online
17 Nov 2009 SLP Chippenham Town 1-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Tuesday, 17th November 2009.

Chippenham Town 1 Halesowen Town 1

Halesowen extended their unbeaten run to eight games after first scoring and then conceding in the final three minutes.

In the opening stages of another tough away fixture, Halesowen’s Aaron Griffiths crossed just in front of Simon Johnson’s diving header in the 11th minute. At the other end home skipper Ross Adams just failed to connect with Aaron Cornwall’s 17th minute cross and Lewis Powell volleyed wide as the Bluebirds forced a series of first half corners.

But Halesowen created the best chance of the opening half when goalkeeper Nick Bussey collected a 19th minute corner and punted a long clearance for Stefan Moore to move in between the defence, only for goalkeeper Mark Scott to save in a one-on-one situation.

Former Halesowen favourite Cornwall beat three Yeltz defenders to set up Sam Allison to fire at visiting goalkeeper Bussey after 21 minutes and Bussey then tipped another 30-yard effort from Allison over the bar four minutes later.

Scott tipped the ball over the Chippenham bar from Jay Denny’s 34th minute shot and five minutes before the interval Powell hit wide for the hosts after combining with Cornwall.

Halesowen manager Matt Clarke made a double substitution at the interval and replacement striker David Blenkinsopp missed a good chance when he screwed the ball over the bar from five yards in the 58th minute. The Bluebirds continued to create chances with Cornwall squaring the ball for Luke Gullick to blast high in the 68th minute. Bussey did well to claw out a back-header from his own defender Stephan Morley in the 69th minute and then denied Allison shortly afterwards with Allison heading his second attempt wide. In-form Bussey pulled off another fine save when he tipped an effort from substitute Jon Davies around the post in the 81st minute.

JOHNSON put Halesowen ahead in the 87th minute when his deflected shot from the edge of the area spun out of the hands of unsighted on-loan goalkeeper Scott.

But Halesowen’s hopes of victory fell flat and they failed to hold onto the late lead as GULLICK levelled to rescue a point by sliding the ball past goalkeeper Bussey after exchanging passes with substitute Alan Griffin in the 89th minute. There was still time for Chippenham to make a loud injury time penalty appeal after substitute Jamie Smith’s challenge on Davies.

Chippenham Town: Scott; Adams, Lamb, Williams, Tindle, Cayford, Lye, Gullick, Powell (Benison 89), Cornwall (Griffin 76), Allison (Davies 76). Unused Subs: Casey, Martin.

Halesowen Town: Bussey; Connor (Smith 45), Morley, Eze, Pearce, Breward (Blenkinsopp 45), Johnson, Denny, Moore, Griffiths, Rickards. Unused Subs: Craddock, Clarke, Flower.

Referee: P. Rees (Bristol)

Attendance: 381

Booked: Breward (37)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack