We have 22 guests online
21 Nov 2009 SLP Clevedon Town 3-3 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 21st November 2009.

Clevedon Town 3 Halesowen Town 3

Halesowen powered into a 3-0 lead after half an hour but the seemingly unassailable advantage was wiped out after the Seasiders turned the tide in a second-half collapse.

Simon Johnson was absent due to family commitments but the visitors were quickly into stride with Henry Eze heading a 6th minute corner just wide and Tom Breward hitting a loose ball over the bar from 25 yards in the 11th minute.

The Yeltz raced into an early three-goal lead and a simple header by Scott RICKARDS put Halesowen ahead in the 15th minute after Jamie Smith powered past two defenders to cross from the right and goalkeeper Greaves only partly clawed the ball away.

David BLENKINSOPP hammered home from the right to make it 2-0 after 22 minutes after a neat lay-off from Stefan Moore. There were penalty appeals at both ends by Matthew Walsh and David Blenkinsopp before Halesowen increased the lead further.

Danny Wring brought down Rickards allowing MOORE to collect his 20th goal of the season from the penalty spot when his tame spot-kick spun off unlucky goalkeeper Greaves into the opposite corner of the net in the 30th minute. With Halesowen well on top, Jamie Hood headed a corner just over the bar late in the first half.

But with the Yeltz apparently coasting to victory, the Seasiders launched an amazing second-half fight-back to rescue a point.

Clevedon manager Nick Tucker made a double change at the interval, although it was Halesowen who looked likely to increase their lead at the start of the second period. A 48th minute shot from Moore was parried away by goalkeeper Greaves and Greaves made a fine save to keep out Moore’s 53rd minute header following Smith’s cross. Blenkinsopp and Moore then bundled wide from Aaron Griffiths’ left wing cross.

Jamal EASTER fired home Clevedon’s first goal into the bottom corner beyond Nick Bussey in the 57th minute. A couple of further Halesowen chances then followed with Hood and Eze both nodding corner kicks just wide.

Craig LOXTON reduced the arrears further to make it 3-2 after 66 minutes with a low drive under Bussey’s body from the edge of the area as Clevedon pushed forward after dispossessing Eze in midfield. But Eze then made an important last-ditch challenge by hooking the ball away from Loxton in the 74th minute.

Home substitute Joey EVANS equalised with a simple close range tap-in to make it an unlikely 3-3 in the 76th minute after benefiting from poor defending and indecision between Bussey and Griffiths from a left wing cross.

But the Yeltz still had time to almost retrieve the situation when Jay Denny played an 85th minute ball through for Moore to chip just wide. Greaves then beat away Moore’s 20-yard drive and Pete Sheppard preserved Clevedon’s precious point by clearing Moore’s header off the line from Eze’s cross following after an injury time corner.

Clevedon Town: Greaves; Fisher (Brigham 45), Walsh, Molyneaux, B. Evans, Wilmot, Blakemore (J. Evans 45), Loxton, Easter (Townley 76), Wring, Sheppard. Unused Sub: Colborne.

Halesowen Town: Bussey; Smith, Morley, Eze, Hood, Breward (O’Brien 81), Denny, Rickards, Moore, Blenkinsopp, Griffiths (Pearce 76). Unused Subs: Clarke, Connor, Flower.

Referee: I. Parsons (Salisbury)

Attendance: 168

Booked: Smith (9)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack