We have 84 guests online
20 Feb 2010 SLP Hemel Hempstead Town 3-5 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 20th February 2010.

Hemel Hempstead Town 3 Halesowen Town 5

Prolific Stefan Moore hit a match winning hat-trick as Halesowen came from behind three times to keep up the pressure in the play-off chase.  Magnificent Moore increased his goal tally onto 27 for the season in Halesowen’s astonishing and almost record-breaking run of 19 league games without defeat. Danny Edwards retained his place after extending his loan period although new loan signing David McDermott was unavailable with the paperwork still incomplete at the game’s deadline. Stephan Morley was sidelined through injury.

Relegation-haunted Hemel shrugged off the news of charismatic Chairman Dave Boggins stepping down to take a surprise 7th minute lead when Danny CHARGE cracked home a left-footed shot off the far-post after playing a neat interchange with former Halesowen striker Dean Brennan.

But MOORE equalised for the Yeltz in the 15th minute after controlling a high ball and firing home across on-loan QPR goalkeeper Elvijs Putnins with home defence appealing for handball. However, Hemel soon regained the lead in their next attack when BRENNAN tormented his old club by heading home Danny May’s curling cross at the far post in the 16th minute.

Moore then went close on two further occasions when he forced a fine save from Putnins at his near post and then sliced wide after being fed by Carl Palmer from midfield. Halesowen’s pressure was rewarded with a second equaliser in the 41st minute when MOORE took advantage of defender Danny Granville’s mistimed header to latch onto a long clearance from goalkeeper Nick Bussey and beat Putnins with a low shot into the bottom corner.

The Yeltz dominated proceedings in the second half with Tony Thorpe heading wide in the 53rd minute following good work from Danny Edwards and Jimmy Turner. Edwards then hit the net after an hour but his effort was disallowed for a foul on goalkeeper Putnins.

The Tudors grabbed the lead for the third time in the 62nd minute against the run of play, when Daryl ROBSON’s fierce 30-yard free-kick flew straight through the Yeltz defensive wall to beat goalkeeper Bussey at his near post.

But Halesowen, spurred on by their fighting spirit, took just four minutes to draw level once again when further poor home defending allowed the ball to fall for Jay DENNY to crash home from eighteen yards inside the near upright.

Halesowen then turned the screw and took the lead for the first time seconds later in the 67th minute when a cross found Moore with time to control, turning and shoot in the penalty area against the far post and super substitute David BLENKINSOPP was on hand to poke home the rebound from close range, just seconds after arriving on the pitch.

As Hemel crumbled, Alex Cowley was fouled by Leon Solomon in the penalty area and mighty MOORE stepped up to complete his hat-trick from the penalty spot in the 74th minute.

Late on, home substitute Tommy Black forced Bussey into a good block at his near post, but the last word belonged to the triumphant visitors as Edwards ran through onto a Scott Rickards pass to fire wide.

Hemel Hempstead Town: Putnins; May, Solomon, Martin, Matthew McEntegart, Granville, Maynard (Hicks 74), Akers, Charge, Robson, Brennan (Black 74). Unused Subs: Blake, James, Michael McEntegart.

Halesowen Town: Bussey; Turner, Cowley, Eze, Daly, Denny, Palmer, Rickards, Moore (Griffiths 82), Thorpe (Blenkinsopp 66), Edwards. Unused Subs: Connor, Hood, Clarke.

Referee: B. Huxtable (Devon)

Attendance: 223

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack