We have 45 guests online
17 Aug 2010 SLP Bedford Town 0-0 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Tuesday, 17th August 2010

Bedford Town Halesowen Town 0

Halesowen’s leading marksman Stefan Moore returned to the attack but a second stalemate of the new season left the visiting faithful still to see a goal scored or conceded after a game played at a frantic pace.

A spectacular cloudburst 45 minutes before kick off made the Eyrie playing surface greasy, but both sides were unperturbed as the game began at a high tempo. Bedford’s Gavin Hoyte nodded wide after four minutes and Stefan Moore’s wayward shot flew high out of the ground as both sides cancelled each other out early on. After half an hour, Bedford’s Tom Hole released Craig Daniel down the right and although the Bedford midfielder beat Michael Hayden, he flashed his shot wide of goal.

The Yeltz almost grabbed the lead with two chances a minute either side of half-time. Just before the break Stefan Moore struck the bar after meeting a cross from Daryl Taylor. As the visitors continued the brighter immediately after the re-start, only a well timed tackle from Hoyte just inside the penalty area stopped Taylor’s searching run. Home goalkeeper Ian Brown then saved a 51st minute long-range free kick from Stefan Moore.

The match officials blocked the introduction of Michael Nardiello for fully a minute before finally allowing him to enter the field of play in a 54th minute substitution. Moments earlier, Dean Coleman made a comfortable save from Michael McKenzie’s 30-yard deflected effort. Both Jamie Hood and Graham Clark - who had already been substituted - received 66th minute yellow cards after Hood’s momentum took him into the Bedford dugout and handbags ensued.

There were few clearcut chances but as Halesowen gained the upper hand with greater possession, substitute Nardiello headed against the outside of the right hand post from Alex Johnson’s 68th minute corner.

Bedford substitute Josh Sozzo caused problems when he collected from Callum Lewis to deliver a hard, low cross from the right with Lee Ayres hacking the ball away. Craig Rydeheard’s free kick from the right then troubled Coleman, but his defence cleared the danger. In the final minutes Craig Daniel’s corner evaded the Halesowen defence but Hayden was on hand to clear off the line at the far post.

Bedford Town: Brown; Hole (Lawley 88), P. Draycott, Stupple, Wall, Hoyte, Daniel, Clark (Lewis 60), I. Draycott, Rydeheard, McKenzie (Sozzo 71). Unused Subs: Cole, Field.

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Hood, Hayden, D. Moore, Ayres, Connor, Taylor (Nardiello 54), Johnson, S. Moore, Stone (Izquierdo 88), Gater (Osborne 60). Unused Subs: Jarrett, Fullwood.

Referee: A. Serrano

Attendance: 230

Booked: Hood (66), Clark (66), Stupple (75)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack