We have 49 guests online
24 Aug 2010 SLP Halesowen Town 3-1 Banbury United PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Tuesday, 24th August 2010

Halesowen Town 3 Banbury United 1

Unbeaten Halesowen notched their first goals of the season in a comfortable victory over win-less Banbury. The return of Stefan Moore made all the difference as the Yeltz forward-line looked far more potent than of late.

Early on, the hosts forced a 9th minute corner and won a 16th minute free-kick in an attempt to open their account. But the Yeltz only had to wait until 17th minute to take the lead when Michael NARDIELLO headed home his first Halesowen goal after Daryl Taylor’s free-kick caught out goalkeeper Joe Murrell. Stefan Moore then made an excellent run down the right in the 21st minute but his cross just escaped Craig Connor and a minute later David Stone burst through to blast over the bar with home confidence growing.

A 34th minute Banbury corner was cleared and Nabil Shariff then made a good turn and run from midfield to fire a low shot at Dean Coleman. Stefan Moore struck a long range effort just wide and the visitors went close to levelling in the 38th minute when Marvin Martin’s corner was headed on by Jason Taylor, but Stefan Moore was on hand to clear off the line.

The Yeltz doubled the lead three minutes before the interval when Stefan Moore’s incisive pass from midfield found Daryl TAYLOR and he calmly slotted past goalkeeper Murrell. On the stroke of half-time Banbury skipper Adam Learoyd headed onto the top of Dean Coleman’s net.

At the start of the second period Stefan Moore struck a 25-yard free-kick at the defensive wall and a shot from Daryl Taylor drifted wide. Full-back Conor Gater was denied from an acute angle and Daryl Taylor went close again after being fed by Alex Johnson.

The Puritans made a double substitution and narrowed the deficit in the 66th minute when Joe Coleman’s cross from the right found Jason TAYLOR in an unmarked position to rise and head home. But with Halesowen still on top, Stone went close again at the far post from Nardiello’s 70th minute cross and Stone put Stefan Moore free in the 76th minute to strike the near post side-netting.

The Yeltz sealed their first win of the season in the 83rd minute when STONE registered his first Halesowen goal after being set free down the left to finish neatly against his former club. In the final minutes substitute Lee Osborne struck the base of the post with a low header just seconds after arriving on the pitch.

Halesowen Town: D. Coleman; Hood, Gater, D. Moore, Ayres, Connor, D. Taylor (Osborne 85), Johnson, S. Moore, Nardiello (Izquierdo 89), Stone. Unused Subs: Hayden, Jarrett, Fullwood.

Banbury United: Murrell; Gordon, Howarth, Stanbridge (Houlton 66), Learoyd, Haisley, J. Coleman, Benjamin (Cross 88), J. Taylor, Shariff, Martin (Staff 66). Unused Sub: Cross.

Referee: D. Gratton (Stone, Staffs.)

Attendance: 285

Booked: J. Coleman (27)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack