We have 45 guests online
28 Aug 2010 SLP Halesowen Town 1-1 Cirencester Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 28th August 2010

Halesowen Town 1 Cirencester Town 1

Halesowen remain unbeaten but could only register a disappointing draw after taking a late first-half lead against their Cirencester opponents, who played for an hour with only ten men.

The visitors had the better of a low-key start to the game with Dean Coleman saving low down from lively Sean Wood after 14 minutes. The game sparked to life after half-an-hour when Cirencester centre-forward Marcus Palmer was shown a straight red card after kicking out in retaliation to a challenge from Lee Ayres, who received a yellow card. As Halesowen tried to capitalise on their numerical advantage, Michael Nardiello flicked on for Stefan Moore to lob wide and visiting goalkeeper Matt Bulman commanded his area by punching clear several dangerous crosses. Cirencester’s Matt Sysum then cleared the danger in the 37th minute by heading over his own bar. In the 44th minute Stefan Moore was held back by Lyndon Tompkins, but the resulting free-kick was deflected wide.

The Yeltz took the lead a minute into first-half injury time when prolific Stefan MOORE notched his first goal of the season, and surely one of his easiest, by tapping home from just a yard out after Jamie Hood’s header struck the underside of the crossbar from Daryl Taylor’s corner.

But the hosts failed to build on their lead and Nardiello missed a golden chance to seal the game at the start of the second half by screwing his shot wide when clear on goal. Halesowen paid the price just seconds later when full-back SYSUM reacted quickly to touch home an unlikely 49th minute Cirencester equaliser after home goalkeeper Coleman spilled Wood’s free-kick.

Halesowen were unable to find a late winner and several chances went begging with David Stone volleying wide at the far post after 65 minutes and substitute Michael Hayden driving a loose ball wide in the 74th minute following another good punch clear by Bulman. Bulman then did well again to hold onto Hayden’s 79th minute effort.

The Yeltz threw on an extra striker for the dying minutes but it was the ten-man Cirencester who almost stole the points with four minutes remaining when substitute Jody Bevan latched onto a loose ball and set up Nathan Davies, only for Coleman to make a fine blocking save.

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Hood (C), Gater (Osborne 82), D. Moore, Ayres, Connor, Taylor, Johnson (Hayden 70), S. Moore, Nardiello (Izquierdo 70), Stone. Unused Subs: Jarrett, Thorpe.

Cirencester Town: Bulman; Sysum, Mason, Thompson, Davies, Tompkins (C), Wood (Hoskin 78), Etheridge, Palmer, Brown (Bevan 45), Gascoyne (Emery 57). Unused Sub: Westlake.

Referee: S. Brown (Redditch)

Attendance: 302

Booked: Ayres (29), Davies (81)

Sent Off: Palmer (29)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack