We have 69 guests online
04 Sept 2010 SLP Halesowen Town 1-6 Hemel Hempstead Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 4th September 2010

Halesowen Town 1 Hemel Hempstead Town 6

Halesowen’s unbeaten record came to an abrupt halt after being smashed for six by Hemel Hempstead with Ross Lafayette hitting a hat-trick.  The Tudors were Kings for the day and with Henry VIII proudly adorning the Tudors’ badge, it was the six goals of Henry VIII that ruined Non-League Day for Halesowen.

Sam Youngs made his Halesowen debut but Hemel soon set about tearing apart the meanest defence in the division with four goals in the first 26 minutes. Danny MAY firmly headed Hemel ahead after just 9 minutes from Wayne O’ Sullivan’s left wing cross. Injured Lee Ayres was replaced by Michael Hayden before May’s 20 yard free-kick flew just wide of the angle in the 13th minute.

Dennis FENEMORE cracked home his first goal to make it 2-0 from the penalty spot in the 15th minute after home goalkeeper Dean Coleman brought down O’Sullivan when there appeared to be little danger. A weak 19th minute clearance from Coleman then allowed Lafayette to fire wide. But LAFAYETTE shrugged off the attentions of defenders Jamie Hood and Dallas Moore to turn and rifle home Hemel’s third goal into the far corner after 20 minutes.

Even worse followed for Halesowen in their first half horror show as Hemel took an unbelievable 4-0 lead when FENEMORE converted O’Sullivan’s left wing cross after just 26 minutes.

Stefan MOORE claimed the solitary Yeltz consolation goal by firing home two minutes later and in the 33rd minute Michael Nardiello latched onto Youngs’ cross only for Mike McEntegart to make a fine reflex save at the foot of his post. But there was to be no dramatic fight-back with Hemel finishing the first half strongly as Coleman saved low down from O’Sullivan in the 39th minute. Fenemore then struck over the bar and Coleman made another save from Lafayette with the game already over as a contest by half-time.

There was no respite for Halesowen in the second half as Lafayette was put clear by May after 62 minutes to shoot well wide. May caught out the home defence again in the 69th minute and this time LAFAYETTE controlled well to slot beyond Coleman to increase the lead to 5-1. In the 78th minute David Stone fired across the face of the Hemel goal and visiting substitute Jake Gilbert was blocked at the base of the home post two minutes later.

Home substitute Ruben Izquierdo injected some life into the Yeltz in the dying minutes and he flashed a header just wide with four minutes remaining.

But Hemel completed the rout by walking home a sixth goal in injury time after Fenemore did well down the left, allowing substitute Aston Goss to set up the unmarked LAFAYETTE to tap home and complete his hat-trick.

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Hood (c), Gater, D. Moore, Ayres (Hayden 10), Connor, Stone, Youngs (Izquierdo 64), S. Moore, Nardiello, Osborne (Smith 37). Unused Subs: Yousif, Fullwood.

Hemel Hempstead Town: Mike McEntegart; Wharton, Parsons, Thomas, Butler (Porter 70), Matt McEntegart, May, Wilson (Gilbert 76), Fenemore, Lafayette, O’Sullivan (Goss 81). Unused Subs: Blake, Vicente.

Referee: J. Thornhill (Ilkeston)

Attendance: 324

Booked: Hood, Connor, Lafayette

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack