We have 41 guests online
14 Sept 2010 SLP Chippenham Town 3-1 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Tuesday, 14th September 2010

Chippenham Town 3 Halesowen Town 1

Halesowen took the lead early in the second half but ran out of steam in the final quarter of the game as Chippenham turned the game on its head with two goals in two minutes. The unbeaten hosts then wrapped up the game with a third goal nine minutes from time to move into second place in the table.

With Halesowen weathering the first half, the Bluebirds looked to have a mountain to climb after they had failed to score whilst kicking down the Hardenhuish slope, despite two efforts being chalked off by referee Adrian Tranter.

Nathan Rudge thought he had put the Bluebirds in front from a 33rd minute corner, but his headed effort was disallowed for a push on Halesowen’s Craig Connor. Two minutes before the break Yeltz keeper Dean Coleman dropped Scott Lye’s shot from the touchline and Lewis Powell stabbed the ball home. However, Chippenham’s joy was again short-lived after the referee penalised Powell for fouling Coleman.

Chippenham had largely dominated the opening half but it was Halesowen who wasted the best chance when Stefan Moore failed to beat Ian Gill from ten yards out as the Chippenham goalkeeper pulled off a fine one-handed save.

The Bluebirds almost opened the scoring on 25 minutes when Alex Kite’s deep cross was powerfully met by Powell and Coleman dropped the ball at Alan Griffin’s feet but he lifted his shot over the bar from just three yards out.

Halesowen took the lead just after the restart in the 46th minute when Stefan Moore fastened on to a through ball only to be denied again by Gill’s superb one-handed save. But the ball fell to half time substitute Lee OSBORNE and he had the simple task of converting into an unguarded net.

Chippenham equalised in the 66th minute from a free kick by 18 year old George Nash in his first start for the home side. Alan Griffin headed Nash’s kick to POWELL and in turn he bundled the ball into the net from close range.

Two minutes later GRIFFIN received the ball fully 30 yards out with his back to goal, but he turned his marker and rifled home a low shot into Coleman’s right hand corner.

As Halesowen visibly wilted, Chippenham saved their best for last when an 81st minute throw in was only half-cleared and a volley by substitute James MARTIN from the edge of the area dipped under the bar, leaving Coleman with little chance.

Chippenham Town: Gill; Kite, Lamb, Williams (c), Rudge (Casey 74), Tindle, Lye, Nash, Powell (Highmore 82), Griffin, Harvey (Martin 71). Unused Subs: Allison.

Halesowen Town: Coleman; Connor (c), Sowe, D. Moore, Nardiello, Hayden, Taylor, Izquierdo (Osborne 45), S. Moore, Stone, Gater. Unused Subs: Youngs, Jarrett, Smith, Fullwood.

Referee: A. Tranter

Attendance: 321

Booked: Rudge, Connor, Izquierdo.

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack