We have 64 guests online
05 Mar 2011 SLP Halesowen Town 1-4 Chesham United PDF Print E-mail

Zamaretto League Premier Division – Saturday, 5th March 2011

Halesowen Town 1 Chesham United 4

Halesowen were sunk by a hat-trick from Leon Archer in the first of two meetings with in-form, play-off chasing Chesham within ten days, writes David Johnson.

The Yeltz handed out further debuts to Peter Folkes from Romulus and Jem Mills but ARCHER took just 45 seconds to put the visitors into the driving seat when he headed home a right-wing cross from Paul Robinson in simple fashion within the six-yard box. Archer then darted into the Halesowen penalty area in the 7th minute but went to ground far too easily for referee Michael D’Aguilar. Halesowen’s first effort saw Rory Curtis blocked out in front of goal after 13 minutes.

The Generals continued to boss play with influential Steve Wales striking along goal in the 15th minute and then collecting a 24th minute ball through the centre from James Potton, only for Josh Skidmore to make a timely interception. Potton then advanced from a wide position to poke wide to earn a corner, due to a deflection, two minutes later.

ARCHER doubled Chesham’s lead with his second headed goal in the 31st minute when he timed his run perfectly to race in and meet a pinpoint cross from the left by Robinson, following a long ball out of defence.

Just before the interval Curtis went close for the hosts when his curling 25-yard shot was tipped away for a corner by goalkeeper Shane Gore. Gareth Davies went closer still for Halesowen when he rattled the crossbar with another long range shot in the 57th minute. Curtis then fired across goal five minutes later.

But with the contest already over, the start of the second period was largely uneventful until Chesham turned up the heat again late on to claim a further two goals as the afternoon took on the familiar pattern of recent games. Chris Watters went close when his 65th minute long range effort was turned away by home goalkeeper Simon Flower before the game came alive with three goals within a five minute spell.

ARCHER completed his hat-trick by slotting into an empty net in the 71st minute after a mistake from Skidmore left Flower stranded. Justin NISBETT grabbed Halesowen’s consolation goal ninety seconds later by converting a loose ball after substitute Jemiah Richards pressurised goalkeeper Gore from captain Michael McGrath’s through ball.

But WALES made it 4-1 for Chesham in the 75th minute with a superb top corner finish from the edge of the penalty area. With rock-bottom Yeltz well beaten by fourth-place Chesham, Steve Obeng’s flying header then hit the post in the 78th minute.

Halesowen Town: Flower; Godwin, Davies, Smith, Skidmore, Folkes, Curtis, McGrath (c), Mills (Richards 67), Nisbett, Meakin-Richards (Hinds 67). Unused Subs: May, Ibhadon.

Chesham United: Gore; Kyriacou, Gudgeon, Lambert, Watters, Talbot (c), Potton (Dabbs 81), Wales, Archer, Robinson (Gayle 76), Obeng. Unused Subs: Holt, Fanibuyan.

Referee: M. D’Aguilar (Cannock)

Attendance: 187

Booked: Obeng (54), Folkes (69), Davies (87)

Joomla Templates by Joomlashack