We have 75 guests online
15 Mar 2011 SLP Chesham United 3-0 Halesowen Town PDF Print E-mail
Zamaretto League Premier Division – Tuesday, 15th March 2011
Chesham United 3 Halesowen Town 0
Two set-piece goals in the first half put play-off chasing Chesham in control despite Halesowen earning another set of full marks for effort, writes David Johnson.
Following an even first quarter of an hour in the evening mist, the Yeltz lost Andre Hinds when he appeared to catch his studs in the pitch and suffered a hamstring injury. There was no lack of application from Halesowen but Chesham took the lead in the 17th minute when Danny Talbot’s low corner from the right eluded everyone at the near post and left Chris BANGURA with an easy chance to convert. The Generals created further chances with Leon Archer breaking clear only for Yeltz goalkeeper Louis Connor to block, before Connor did well again to turn away a low shot from Steve Wales. Wales then broke clear but lifted the ball over the bar.
However, the visitors suffered another lack of defensive concentration as Chesham doubled their lead in the 37th minute after Adam Robinson brought down Archer on the Chesham right. Although Danny Talbot’s free kick was turned away by Connor, Robert BARTLEY side-footed the ball into the net at the far post. The goal was not without controversy as the visitors complained that the ball went in off Chris Elsegood who was offside, whilst Chesham claimed that the ball was already over the line.
Halesowen enjoyed their best spell of the game early in the second half with Justin Nisbett shooting wide after a mazy run and Mark Smith bringing down a corner at the far post to fire over the bar. Connor continued to be in good form and made a fine double save from substitute Darrell Cox and Chris Watters. In end-to-end action, both sides then missed further great chances as Chesham’s Cox lifted the ball over an open goal and Nisbett did the same at the other end for the Yeltz after working his way around the back of the home defence. Wales missed a golden opportunity to increase the lead when clean through, but Halesowen were still creating chances and Chesham keeper Shane Gore rushed out of goal to save at the feet of Rory Curtis.
Chesham eventually made it a somewhat flattering 3-0 in the final minute of normal time when WALES broke through again and this time made no mistake by slotting the ball past the advancing Connor.
Halesowen Town: Louis Connor; Luke Adams, Adam Robinson, Mark Smith, Josh Skidmore, Michael McGrath, Keenan Meakin-Richards, Gareth Davies, Rory Curtis, Justin Nisbett (Richards 83), Andre Hinds (Adam Jarrett 14). Unused Sub: Simon Flower.
Chesham United: Shane Gore; John Kyriacou, Chris Elsegood, Mark Lambert, Rob Bartley, Danny Talbot, Chris Watters, Steve Wales, Leon Archer (Aaron Gayle 71), Chris Bangura (Darrell Cox 59), Steve Obeng (James Potton 67). Unused Subs: Ryan Bernard, Dom Marsala.
Referee: N. A. Hair (Cambs.)
Attendance: 260
Booked: Robinson (53)
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack