We have 50 guests online
12 Sept 2015 FAC1QR Halesowen Town 2-1 Mickleover Sports PDF Print E-mail
FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round - Saturday, 12th September 2015
Halesowen Town 2 Mickleover Sports 1
Halesowen substitute Connor Collins slammed home a last-gasp winner to add to a golden volley from Aaron Griffiths late in the first-half to send into Monday's FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round draw, writes David Johnson.
The two stunning goals meant the Yeltz recorded back-to-back wins for the first time this season just as the tricky all Evostik Northern Premier clash with Mickleover looked set for a replay.
Two early Halesowen corners came to nothing before a dangerous free-kick from Anthony Griffiths Junior flew across the Halesowen goal without a touch in the 5th minute. Mickleover enjoyed the better of play midway through the first half and Gary Ricketts lofted over the bar in the 14th minute after a spell of neat footwork with his team-mates. A surging 31st minute run from Andy Dales was then ended on the edge of the home penalty area and the resulting free-kick was dinked just wide of Dan Platt's post by Griffiths Junior.
But Halesowen took command just before the interval and went close when Keyon Refell's low shot rebounded off the base of goalkeeper Ross Atkins's post in the 39th minute. GRIFFITHS put Halesowen ahead in stunning style with a screaming 30-yard volley down the middle of goal after Luke Connolly's free-kick into the penalty area was only partly cleared in the 43rd minute - surely an early candidate for goal of the season.
At the start of the second period Ricketts put a low header wide of the Yeltz goal from a Charlie Dawes corner. Greg Pearson was then put clear on goal but missed a good chance to put the tie to bed by planting the ball over the Mickleover bar after 50 minutes. Sports pushed forward strongly for a second-half equaliser but encountered a well-marshalled home defence, although a 59th minute low shot from Ricketts fell inches wide after home goalkeeper Dan Platt failed to gather Kieron Walker's long throw-in. Platt then gratefully grabbed the ball following a fortuitous goal-line clearance just seconds later. In further pressure, Platt easily grabbed a 70th minute free-kick from Griffiths Junior and also collected a low, raking shot from lively Mickleover substitute Anthony O'Neil Dwyer in the 77th minute.
Key visiting substitute O'NEIL-DWYER finally secured Mickleover's 80th minute equaliser with his low shot beating Platt after the ball was played across from the right after the visitors launched a series of long throw ins. O'Neil-Dwyer then fired inches over the bar five minutes later with the home goal under some siege.
But COLLINS smashed home Halesowen's 89th minute winner from 15 yards to send Halesowen into the next round after Refell pressurised Jake Bennett and the visiting defence from a long clearance forward. There was still time for O'Neil-Dwyer to see his injury time shot deflected just wide.

Halesowen Town: Daniel Platt; Luke Connolly (Jean-Michel Gueyes 87), Aaron Griffiths, Jay Denny (c), Joe Hull, Kyle Morrison, Asa Charlton, Chris Westwood, Greg Pearson (Connor Collins 68), Keyon Refell, Reece Hales. Subs Not Used: George McGee, Isaac Cooper, Matt Sargeant (GK)
Mickleover Sports: Ross Atkins; Jake Bennett, Chris Palmer (Anthony O'Neil-Dwyer 63), Jack Broadhead, Kieron Walker, Nico DeGirolamo (c), Andy Dales, Anthony Griffiths Junior, Gary Ricketts, Chris Spencer, Charlie Dawes. Subs Not Used: Simeon Osheboke, Dan Spiridon, Bamoussa Cisse, Tom Turner.
Referee: John Law
Attendance: 252
'Tulleys Print' HTFC Man of the Match selected by The Rotary Club of Halesowen & Rowley Regis: Asa Charlton
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack