We have 53 guests online
08 Oct 2016 NPL Halesowen Town 2-2 Ashton United PDF Print E-mail
Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division - Saturday, 8th October 2016
Halesowen Town 2 Ashton United 2
Halesowen had to settle for a single point after Ashton struck twice in the final fifteen minutes to cancel out a seemingly comfortable 2-0 home lead, writes David Johnson.
Before the kick-off, Jay Denny received an award for his recent 200th Yeltz appearance but it was Ashton who forced an early corner with Alex Frost almost on the end of Jack Dorney's 4th minute corner.
Halesowen grabbed the lead after 15 minutes when the Robins failed to clear Lee Chilton's fierce shot and the ball found its way through for Jason GODDARD to stab home at the second attempt at the foot of the post.
A 27th minute effort from Kennedy Digie was then blocked and a deflected 25 yard shot from Richard Sho-Silva swerved just over the bar a minute later. Goddard then touched on a long ball forward from Digie, but goalkeeper Terry Smith was just able to collect over his head. Ashton failed to trouble Dan Platt in the first period and Goddard went close again by driving just past the post for Halesowen in the 41st minute. At the start of the second half Lee Gaskell's overhead kick fell just over the bar.
The Yeltz doubled the home lead when Danny Bragoli played a ball out of defence to Kaiman Anderson on the right. The visiting defence failed to clear his subsequent cross allowing ANDERSON to follow up to strike his 11th goal of the season. At the time, Ashton were temporarily reduced to ten men with Gaskell receiving treatment for a bleeding nose injury.
Ashton finished the game strongly and had a 67th minute strike chalked out after Gaskell was ruled offside for needlessly touching home Dorney's goal-bound shot after Cavell Coo broke free to cross from the right. The Robins finally pulled a goal back in the 75th minute when Lee KNIGHT - a new on-loan signing from Oldham - marked his debut by converting Dorney's cross with ease on the goal-line. Shortly afterwards, Anderson headed Chilton's corner just wide at the far post.
But Ashton completed their fight back to level in the 90th minute when GASKELL supplied the finishing touch after substitute and joint manager Jody Banim did well to cut the ball back from a short corner.

Halesowen Town: Dan Platt; Kyle Haynes, James Hancocks, Jay Denny (c), Richard Sho-Silva, Asa Charlton, Kennedy Digie, Danny Bragoli, Kaiman Anderson, Jordan Goddard (Ethan Delaney 85), Lee Chilton. Subs Not Used: Malcolm Melvin, Kyle Morrison, Aaron Griffiths, George Cleet.
Ashton United: Terry Smith; Cavell Coo, Stephen Mason (c), Daniel Cowan, Alex Frost, Tunji Moses (Bobby Lofthouse 75), Matt Chadwick (Richard Smith 62), Mark Lees, Lee Gaskell, Jack Dorney (Jody Banim 81), Lee Knight. Subs Not Used: Dominic Smalley, Will Haining.
Referee: Edward Pidduck
Attendance: 423
'Tulleys Print' HTFC Man of the Match selected by the Yeltz Juniors: Kaiman Anderson
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack