We have 41 guests online
22 Oct 2016 NPL Halesowen Town 1-0 Warrington Town PDF Print E-mail
Evo-Stik League Northern Premier Division - Saturday, 22nd October 2016
Halesowen Town 1 Warrington Town 0
Halesowen bounced back to winning ways with a moment of magic from leading home striker Kaiman Anderson in a hard-fought victory, writes David Johnson.
The kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm due to Warrington's M6 traffic troubles in the first meeting between the teams in thirty years. When play finally began, Michael Grogan set up Thomas Peers to steer wide after five minutes and home goalkeeper Dan Platt then punched away Scott Metcalfe's dangerous free-kick.
The Yeltz soon found their feet and Kennedy Digie caused danger in the Warrington goalmouth after meeting Jordan Goddard's 14th minute corner. Anderson's 19th minute low shot was then gathered by Warrington goalkeeper Karl Wills and strike partner Ethan Delaney curled over the bar two minutes later.
Metcalfe wasted a good chance for the Yellows in the 26th minute by blasting high and wide after breaking free down the Halesowen left.
The Yeltz grabbed the solitary winning goal in the 34th minute through ANDERSON's athletic overhead bicycle kick after Digie headed a left wing cross back across goal. Just before the interval another Goddard corner was cleared by the Warrington defence.
There were few goal-scoring chances early in the second period as the game became a midfield tussle, although James Hancocks struck a 48th minute free-kick against Warrington's defensive wall. Wills was then alert to deny Anderson in front of goal after 74 minutes. A 79th minute corner from Goddard was played a corner to Lee Chilton on the edge of the area but his shot struck a defender and Goddard's subsequent cross was grabbed by Wills. Delaney was then fouled right on the edge of the Warrington area after 82
minutes but Goddard struck the defensive wall again and, as the ball broke, Chilton fired over the bar.
Anderson missed another late chance in front of goal before Halesowen's defence held firm as Warrington upped the pressure in the final stages with Asa Charlton making a vital clearance and Platt saving captain Ciaran Kilheeney's injury time header.

Halesowen Town: Daniel Platt; Kyle Haynes, James Hancocks, Jay Denny (c), Richard Sho-Silva, Asa Charlton, Jordan Goddard, Kennedy Digie, Kaiman Anderson, Ethan Delaney (Daniel Bragoli 90), Lee Chilton. Subs Not Used: Kyle Morrison, Aaron Griffiths, George Cleet, Jack O'Day (GK).
Warrington Town: Karl Wills; Peter Wylie, Andrew Nicholas, Steven Gillespie, James McCarton, John Shaw, Scott Harries (Gerard Kinsella 70), Michael Grogan (Simon Lenighan HT), Ciaran Kilheeney (c), Thomas Peers (Danny O'Donnell 77), Scott Metcalfe. Subs Not Used: Conor Speed, John Humphries.
Referee: Matthew Smith
Attendance: 430
Booked: Wylie (51), Charlton (56), McCarton (82)
'Tulleys Print' HTFC Man of the Match selected by John Slater: Ethan Delaney
Joomla Templates by Joomlashack